I do not like a long work day
I do not like it, even the pay
I do not like to get up early
For that, I’m afraid, makes me surly
I cannot stand an early alarm
They do no good, only harm
And I do not like to leave my bed
It makes me sad and hurts my head
The moral here, if I’m not crazy,
Is that I’m tired, worn, and lazy
But that’s okay, and I’m alright,
Because I get to sleep tonight!
Some people don’t
Some people can’t
Some people don’t even get the chance.
So I’ll stop complaining, ‘cause when it’s raining
I’m not worrying, stressing or straining.
I have a roof, and I have a bed
I have a job, no shortage of bread
I’m content, but should I be?
I’m not sure. Don’t ask me.
I must apologize to all of you who have subscribed to my blog. I started my first real full-time job a little over a month ago, and although we were told that overtime would be sporadic, I have worked every Saturday since I started. The good thing is, I get extra money; unfortunately, that means I have to be at work to get paid (funny how that works).
Anyhow, here is a list of things I am working on, planning to work on, and things that I should do.
Things I’m working on:
- A new installment in the best dictionary ever.
- An “all things nerdy” guide for non-nerds.
- A post on books (this one’s taking me a while).
Things I should be working on:
- My (currently) untitled sci-fi story.
- Assorted Pastries.
- Solving the n versus np problem.
- That awesome pocket watch in the picture.
Things I will be doing:
- Making a video for AP.
- Doing some more creative photography.
- Eating Pop Tarts.
- Watching The Dark Knight Rises this weekend.
- Posting something new very soon.
This was my “I’m still alive and writing” post. I promise that I’ll have something posted very soon! In the meantime, I’m going to go to bed so that I can get up at 5:30 tomorrow…
So, how’s your summer been?